Jerusalem,
Israel
PRAYER
UPDATE MARCH 10, 2024
Israel
and the Nations
GPW News and Prayer Update
We are bracing for a major
outbreak of violence on the Temple Mount at Ramadan, which several Israeli
leaders have warned about, including Israel’s Defense Minister, Yoav Gallant.
However, through the prayers
of many watchmen across the world, we trust the Lord to intervene, and protect
His land, including His beloved Zion!
This is one of those moments,
where we can accomplish much as an intercessor in our prayer room, entreating
the Lord for Jerusalem and all of Israel, during this month (March 10-April
10, 2024).
Isaiah 26:20: “Come, My people, enter your chambers,
and shut your doors behind you; hide yourselves for a little while until the
fury has passed by.”
There are concerns throughout Israel that the rage of Moslems, who have
been inspired by Hamas, could cause increased violence in Jerusalem, Judea, and
Samaria, as well as mixed Jewish-Arab cities, as happened during Ramadan over
consecutive years in the past.
Hamas wants to ignite the Middle East!
We say, “NO, in Jesus’ name!”
We remain thankful that the Lord is raising up worshippers who are
taking this time seriously, intent on breaking the wicked plans of the enemy,
through praise and thankfulness before the throne of God. He hears the cries of
His faithful ones!
We are reminded that during this month are the days of convergence: Ramadan, the Esther Fast, Purim, and
Christian Holy Week. At one point, it’s a convergence day… March
24, 2024.
There is also the looming war in the north. If Iran does not call on
Hezbollah to expand the current battle now, reports indicate Israel will
look to expand it in late Spring, early Summer.
We declare:
The LORD is all-knowing, and HIS will be done! HE is the decision-maker!
Psalm 47:8: “God reigns over the nations; God is seated on His holy throne.”
1 Chronicles
29:11: “Yours, LORD,
is the greatness and the power and the glory and the majesty and the splendor,
for everything in heaven and earth is yours. Yours, LORD, is the Kingdom; You
are exalted as head over all.”
Psalm 89:11: “The heavens are Yours, and also the earth. The earth and its fullness You founded.”
PRAYER FOR THE ISRAELI GOVERNMENT DURING THIS CRITICAL TIME:
1 Timothy 2:1-4: “I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession,
and thanksgiving be made for all people— for kings and all those in authority,
that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. This
is good, and pleases God our Savior, who wants all people to be saved and to
come to a knowledge of the truth.”
CRAFTED PRAYER:
We pray for Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, Defense Minister Yoav
Gallant, Foreign Minister, Israel Katz, the security cabinet/the war cabinet,
and all those decision-makers who are in this current government. We declare
there is no mediator between God and man but Yeshua, our Lord. Bring these
authorities, these leaders, into this knowledge, and give them the wisdom of
Solomon, and beyond, so they can direct and guide the citizens of Israel, as a
shepherd does his sheep. We trust in You Lord, to calm the waters, and stay the
enemy from trying to stir up violent days during Ramadan! In the name of Yeshua, our Messiah!
THIS IS A BATTLE CRY; THE TRUMPET HAS SOUNDED!
Psalm 144:1: “Praise the LORD, my protector! He
trains me for battle and prepares me for war!”
WHAT HAS GOD CALLED YOU TO DO?
As a friend said recently, it is important to do what the
Lord is calling you to do. In an army you have different units. If God calls
you to worship, then you worship and use that armor to
defeat the enemy.
If it is to declare scripture, then you declare
scripture. If it is to take up arms in the Spirit, and battle in
the heavenlies, then carry your arrows and sling, and wear your armor, and
go on the front lines, and war that way.
As this friend said, we are all in the same army,
God’s army, yet with different assignments. We need to support one another.
Respect each other. We are all one in the Kingdom of God.
It’s that harmony as “one in the Spirit”
that is so important. We all take our place in the battle.
FACTS ABOUT
YAHYA SINWAR, THE HEAD OF HAMAS -- ISRAEL’S ENEMY:
In 1989, Sinwar was sent to prison in Israel to serve
four life sentences for killing Israelis. Many times, he tried to escape, but
was caught.
In 2008, he went through surgery by Israeli doctors to
remove a tumor in his brain, that otherwise, would have caused his death. Israeli
doctors saved his life!
In 2011, as part of a deal to free abducted Israeli soldier,
Galid Shalit, there was a prisoner exchange. Shalit was exchanged for over
1,000 Palestinian prisoners. Sinwar was one of those released. Today, Sinwar is
responsible for starting the current Hamas war against Israel, which to-date
has caused the deaths of about 1,500 Israelis.
Sinwar is Israel’s enemy in Gaza that, so far, is
refusing to release Israeli hostages. He wants a deal like the one where he was
released before. This man needs an encounter with the living God! Even he can be set free in receiving Jesus as
the Messiah! (Note: the name, “SIN-WAR”).
Matthew 16 :18: “And I tell you, you are Peter, and on
this Rock, I will build my Church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail
against it!”
PRAYER:
*It’s time to recognize
that the Rock of which His Church is built, will prevail. And, we
declare that Israel will also prevail!
*It’s time to pray for our enemies to choose life over
death; to choose heaven instead of hell!
*There is a battle in the heavenlies
that is intense in this Conversion season, and God’s armies
are at war. And, the battle is, once again, being stirred up over the Temple
Mount! It is the place of THE spiritual battle of Who will reign on His Holy mountain!
We declare:
Mathew 25:31: “When the Son of Man comes in His glory, and all the angels with Him, He
will sit on His glorious throne!
Revelation
5:13: “And I heard
every creature in heaven and on earth and under the earth and in the sea, and
all that is in them, saying: ‘To Him who sits on the throne and to the Lamb be
praise and honor and glory and power forever and ever!’ "
CRAFTED
PRAYER: Lord of Hosts, the Commander of the Armies of
Heaven and of Israel, we ask You for greater revelation to see more clearly
what You are doing in heaven and on earth.
We ask You to stop the threats; stop the violence; and, supernaturally,
SHOW UP! We ask you, Lion of Judah, to
take up your position and roar over Israel this day. May every threat be empty.
May every plan of the enemy fizzle out. May nothing interfere or intercept or
harass Your plans through Your people (who minister in Israel), in Yeshua’s
name! And, may Your plans for Israel’s salvation come in like a flood that the
whole world witnesses!
Jesus said, in John 14:27: “My peace I leave with
you; My peace I give to you. Not as the world gives, do I give to you. Let not
your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. “
We look to
Yeshua, the Sar Shalom, the Prince of Peace, to bring His divine peace into the
city of Jerusalem, and into all of Israel. Peace be upon this nation!
INSIGHTS REGARDING
DANIEL’S SPIRITUAL AND EMOTIONAL STATE -- FROM CHAPTER 10:
Daniel 10:1-2:
“In the third
year of Cyrus king of Persia, a revelation was given to Daniel. Its
message was true, and it concerned a great war. The understanding
of the message came to him in a vision.”
At that time Daniel, mourned for three weeks:
*There was a revelation, and a message. It concerned events certain to happen in the future.
*In the Amplified Bible it says that it referred to a great conflict (warfare, misery).
*Daniel understood the message because he was given insight during the vision.
Daniel 10:3:
“I ate no
choice food; no meat or wine touched my lips; and I used no lotions at all
until the three weeks were over.”
Then, in Daniel 10:4-7,
Daniel has a heavenly vision, standing on the banks of the great river, the
Tigris:
“I looked up
and there before me was a man dressed in linen, with a belt of fine gold from
Uphaz around his waist. His body was like topaz, his face like lightning, his
eyes like flaming torches, his arms, and legs like the gleam of burnished
bronze, and his voice like the sound of a multitude.”
“I, Daniel,
was the only one who saw the vision; those who were with me did not see
it, but such terror overwhelmed them that they fled and hid themselves.”
Daniel could handle the
heavenly vision. But, because his friends did not see what Daniel saw, they
were scared, ran, and hid away.
APPLICATION:
These are the times we are
coming into: Some will be able to handle the supernatural realm, and in their
weakness, be strengthened. But, also, there will be those who see nothing, and
are scared by the supernatural.
Either way, we are coming into times where we will be able to see and enter into the realm of the Spirit as we have never experienced before!
Daniel 10:8-10:
“So, I was left
alone, gazing at this great vision; I had no strength left, my face turned
deathly pale and I was helpless.
Then I heard him
speaking, and as I listened to him, I fell into a deep sleep, my face to
the ground. A hand touched me and sent me trembling on my hands and knees.”
Daniel 10:11:
“He said, ‘Daniel, you who are highly esteemed,
consider carefully the words I am about to speak to you, and stand up, for I
have now been sent to you.’ And when he said this to me, I stood
up trembling.”
Daniel is being allowed to
see into the Spiritual realm in such a mighty way that it causes his flesh to
be weakened. He also is afraid about this unknown reality he has just entered.
Daniel 10:12:
“Then he
continued: ‘Do not be afraid, Daniel. Since the first day that you set your
mind to gain understanding and to humble yourself before your God,
your words were heard, and I have come in response to them.’ ”
APPLICATION:
Do not fear. Set your mind
to gain understanding. Humble yourself before God. Be assured that He hears you, but there may be
a delay in getting a message to you because of the heavenly battles
being fought.
THE WAR IN THE
HEAVENLIES:
Daniel 10:13-14:
“But the prince
of the Persian kingdom resisted me (stood in opposition to me), for twenty-one
days. Then Michael, one of the archangels (chief of the celestial princes),
came to help me, because I was detained with the king of Persia. Now I
have come to explain to you (Daniel) what will happen to your people in the future, for
the vision concerns a time yet to come.”
“While he
was saying this to me, I (Daniel) bowed my face toward the ground and was
speechless.”
Not only was there a delay
of three weeks, but even what Daniel was going to hear was about a “time yet
to come.”
APPLICATION:
In the future, the things
that we are going to be shown are going to leave us speechless! Increasingly, we are going to see things more
ahead now, as watchmen.
Prepare, test what you
get; see how God confirms; learn from that; let it build your faith that you can
see ahead! Timing is key!
Daniel 10:16-18:
“Then, one
who looked like a man touched my lips, and I (Daniel) opened my mouth and began to
speak. I said to the one standing before me, ‘I am overcome with anguish
because of the vision, my lord, and I feel very weak. How can I, your servant,
talk with you, my lord? My strength is gone, and I can hardly breathe.’ Again,
the one who looked like a man touched me and gave me strength.”
Daniel was having trouble
physically, and it was affecting him spiritually. He could not comprehend, by
himself, what he was being shown. Not until the one who looked like a
man, touched, and strengthened Daniel again.
Daniel 10:19:
“He
said, ‘Don't be afraid. You are highly respected. Everything is alright! Be
strong! Be strong!’ As he talked to me, I became stronger. I said, ‘Sir,
tell me what you came to say. You have strengthened me.’ ”
Daniel had to be
strengthened in order to be able to hear this messenger.
Daniel 10:20:
“So, he
said, ‘Do you know why I have come to you? Soon I will return to fight against
the prince of Persia, and when I go, the prince of Greece will come.’ ”
Today, there is still a
spiritual struggle over the land of Israel. The prince of Persia has not fully
been dealt with!
Daniel 10:21:
“But I will
tell you what is inscribed in the writings of truth. There is no one who will
support me; no one who stands firmly with me, and strengthens
himself against these [hostile spirit forces], except Michael, your
prince [the guardian of your nation].
APPLICATION:
This gives insight into
those spiritual forces of the Lord that stand in the gap for us, the Body of
Messiah, worldwide, and fight the principalities and powers of the air who are
the Lord’s enemies.
As in the times of the
sons of Issachar, as we see more in the Spirit realm, we will understand more
clearly “what Israel should do.”